As the United Nations Works Hard to Dismantle U.S. Gun Rights
Senate responds with bill to stop it even if treaty is signed
Support Senator Moran! Gun owners and freedom-lovers have long known that the United Nations is committed to controlling the ownership of private firearms worldwide.
And Conservative Daily, along with other major gun rights organizations, has been adamant in trying to keep that from happening.
Now, the U.S. Senate has LISTENED to your activism and a vehicle exists to stop the UN in its tracks, even if this abomination is rammed down our throats, the federal government will be prohibited from spending a dime to make it happen.
Senator Jerry Moran (R-KS) has introduced S.2205, a bill that is shocking in how it tracks with what we at Conservative Daily have been saying all along.
In an unprecedented move, Conservative Daily presents the S.2205 in its entirety. It is, unlike most Congressional legislation, thankfully short:
To prohibit funding to negotiate a United Nations Arms Trade Treaty that restricts the Second Amendment rights of United States citizens.
Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the `Second Amendment Sovereignty Act of 2012′.
SEC. 2. FINDINGS; SENSE OF CONGRESS.
(a) Findings- Congress makes the following findings:
(1) In October 2009, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton announced the United States support and participation in negotiating the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, to be finalized in 2012, signaling a shift in United States policy.
(2) An Arms Trade Treaty that regulates the domestic manufacturer, possession, or purchase of civilian firearms and ammunition would infringe on the rights of United States citizens protected under the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
(b) Sense of Congress- It is the sense of Congress that the sovereignty of the United States and the constitutionally protected freedoms of American gun owners must be upheld and not be undermined by the Arms Trade Treaty.
SEC. 3. PROHIBITION ON FUNDING.
No funds may be obligated or expended to use the voice, vote, and influence of the United States, in connection with negotiations for a United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, to restrict in any way the rights of United States citizens under the second amendment to the Constitution of the United States, or to otherwise regulate domestic manufacture, assembly, possession, use, transfer, or purchase of firearms, ammunition, or related items, including small arms, light weapons, or related materials.
Wow, again. THAT’S JUST WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU ALL ALONG!
Just in case you missed it, the proposed UN treaty would include:
- Establishment of a new UN agency, the Implementation Support Unit, with power to regulate anything having to do with guns that might be sold internationally;
- A requirement that every country submit its gun control plan to the UN;
- A requirement for every country to implement internal tracking of all gun sales within its borders (outright registration!); and,
- A ridiculously expensive requirement for every single of round of ammunition to be stamped with a unique serial number.
As former U.S. ambassador to the UN, John Bolton, once stated: “This [treaty] will strengthen the hand of a government that wants to regulate private ownership of firearms.”
You’ve expressed your outrage. Now, Senator Moran has listened and we have A REAL BILL TO STOP THIS! The only way for the bill to get through Congress is for YOU to push it through.
P.S.: The gun grabbers at the United Nations, gleeful to have as socialist of an American President as Obama, will stop at nothing to TAKE YOUR GUNS. Please, help us today.