Every day, our audience sends a Daily Dose of Reality to the federal government. Join us and send yours here. Become a member and send every letter, every day, at no cost.
In 1776, our brave ancestors aired their grievances against the monarchy subjugating them. A war followed, and freedom was eventually won. A Republic, if we can keep it.
As Americans, this moment encapsulates the spirit of our great nation and her people:
We demand to be free.
And yet, not even 250 years later, despots and tyrants seeking only power – that’s you – have forgotten our founding premise. Let us remind you of a few of the Founders’ grievances, which have resurfaced under your failed watch:
- You have abdicated the Constitution, dividing our people and waging war against us.
- You have excited domestic insurrections amongst us.
- You have invested yourselves with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
- You have plundered our seas, ravaged our coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
- You have violated the most sacred oath, abolished our most valuable laws, and fundamentally altered our forms of our government.
Truly there is nothing new under the sun.
You have manufactured our consent. You do not actually have our consent.
And consent is important.
The only legitimate government is one in which the power is derived from its people. Consent of the governed is what separates a democracy from a dictatorship or an absolute monarchy (or oligarchy as in your case).
You have manufactured our consent through coercion, propaganda, and outright stolen elections. Fabricated consent is not real. It’s a farce. WE DO NOT CONSENT.
DEMAND FOR REMEDY: Remember your oath.
No comments yet - make the first one!