Barack Obama has announced he is planning to take no less than 23 executive actions relating to gun control, whether Congress acts or not. The tragedy at Sandy Hook was all he needed to ram through his gun control agenda and use his second term to eliminate our Constitutional rights.
While Americans are being held hostage in Algeria and his economic failures are ruining lives, Obama is waging a photo op against a backdrop of children to announce his sweeping plans for gun control. Your Second Amendment rights are about to be very limited, yet the government continues to arm itself. And Obama’s daughters, of course, attend a school with many armed guards.
Who is the enemy that the United States is waiting for? Is it you?
The elephant in the room is in the liberals’ proposals, none of which would necessarily have stopped the Sandy Hook shooting, which took place in a state with strict gun control laws. Obama proposes to do the following:
· Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system and improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
· Direct the attorney general to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
· Propose rule making to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
· Issue a presidential memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
· Issue a presidential memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
· Direct the attorney general to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun-safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
· Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors from asking their patients about guns in their homes.
· Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
· Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
· Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
Just last week, Obama signed a new bill that allows him armed Secret Service protection for life, and it gives his children protection through age sixteen. Already, Obama’s two daughters go to a school that is protected by at least eleven armed guards—this must give him peace of mind, but he has made it clear that our children do not deserve that kind of security.
In an interview with ABC’s Nightline, Obama proudly proclaimed that one of the benefits of re-election was the ability to have “men with guns around at all times.” This is a benefit that Obama feels he is most worthy of, as he actively works to take that right away from you and me.
America is headed for tyranny if we do not stop this movement to re-work our Constitution. The Second Amendment has never been safe under this President, but now it is in a crisis situation, and in fact, our entire Constitution could be wiped out and re-written if we the people do not demand that the law stands as written, right now.
The State of the Union address is coming up, and Democrats are being urged to find victims of gun violence to trot out as guests. What all Members of Congress should be doing is bringing in American heroes who have saved themselves, their property, and the lives of friends and family members by having a gun around and turning it on the criminal who would have otherwise harmed them. There have been a few stories in the press lately of events like this; it happens many times a day across the United States, but the mainstream media does not dare focus on how well the Second Amendment works, because they are too busy buying into Obama’s propaganda campaign against one of our most sacred rights.
We need overwhelming support right now in Washington for our Constitution and our Second Amendment because the same government busy restricting your rights is working to ensure you have no means of defending yourself from those attacks on your rights, your family, or your home.
Once they disarm us, it’s over. Stand up for freedom. Demand that Congress honor the rights we are guaranteed under our Constitution. Your voice is needed, now.