The private healthcare market is about to experience a complete takeover by the federal government and every American citizen is going to be forced to buy insurance, thanks to Obama’s inaccurately named legislation, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act—otherwise known as, Obamacare.
Daniel Horowitz at RedState wrote:
“If Obamacare is allowed to survive, then our Constitution has no meaning and our Republic is finished. It will engender a takeover of 1/6 of our economy, create permanent dependency, induce unsustainable inflationary pressure on the cost of healthcare and health insurance, and saddle the next generation with crippling debt.”
We need to repeal it, now.
Sixty percent of Americans disagree with the healthcare takeover, and that is a large enough percentage to join our voices together and fight for repeal. It doesn’t matter that Obama was re-elected, or that the Supreme Court ruled on loophole language that all Americans could be forced to buy insurance (although they have allowed Liberty University’s lawsuit to go forward, questioning whether the law blocks religious freedom); it doesn’t matter because there are still ways to hinder the government takeover and stop Obamacare from taking full effect.
Obamacare needs state-run health insurance exchanges—huge government bureaucracies—in order to operate. But, Obama’s bill can’t mandate that states create exchanges. So, states can fight back by refusing to set these up and thus, crippling the legislation. And some already have, such as Louisiana, Texas, Ohio, Wisconsin, Florida and Oklahoma.
A majority of Americans don’t want this atrocity to stand, so we have to do everything we can to block it. Sitting back and admitting defeat is the worst thing we can do, because once all the tentacles of Obamacare are locked into place, it will be impossible to get rid of it. Right now, there are still ways to stop it.
OBAMACARE IS RAISING OUR TAXES. Health care premiums workers pay have risen 14% since Obamacare passed. Companies are seeking waivers left and right, and many are cutting employee hours or jobs altogether. And then, there are the taxes. In the next six years, 20 new or higher taxes will hit your wallet … but in January 2013 alone, five major ObamaCare taxes will be implemented, including:
- Taxes on medical devices, such as pacemakers, stents, and prosthetic limbs
- A tax that raises the threshold on medical expense deductions
- A surtax on investment income
- A Medicare payroll tax increase
OBAMACARE IS KILLING JOBS. Businesses are making changes to accommodate the government intrusion. That means the very middle class that Obama campaigned to “protect” is going to suffer the most as this hammer comes down on the American people and our fragile economy. Just a few examples of cutbacks surfaced recently:
- Darden restaurants, owner of Red Lobster, Olive Garden and LongHorn Steakhouse, is “experimenting with limiting the hours of some of its workers to avoid health care requirements under the Affordable Care Act when they take effect in 2014”.
- Medtronic warned they would have to cut 1,000 jobs because of Obamacare—and true to their word, they’ve slashed 500 and will eliminate the other 500 next year.
- Kroger is planning on limiting hours of non-exempt employees, a move that could affect tens of thousands of workers.
OBAMACARE IS DESTROYING OUR RELIGIOUS FREEDOM. The “Sandra Fluke” mandate will force everyone to pay for birth control and abortion, regardless of belief.
OBAMACARE IS INTRUDING ON OUR PERSONAL LIBERTIES. It will be inevitable that “death panels” will come into play once the government needs to start managing costs. So, bureaucrats will begin making decisions for you and your loved ones, and if you are not deemed worthy of treatment, you won’t get it.
From all angles, this legislation is a nightmare for America. The Heritage Foundation published “The Case Against Obamacare,” a policy series for the 112th Congress. In it, they outline the many threats Obamacare poses to our society, and our economy, including:
- The mandate to purchase insurance, which violates our liberty
- The myriad taxes coming our way, which will hurt consumers and our economy
- The burdens on businesses, which will destroy jobs
- The insurance benefit mandates, which will raise our premiums and reduce patient choice
- The Medicare cuts, which will damage seniors’ coverage options and jeopardize access
- The government’s role in healthcare and ethics, which will weaken the protection of life and give sacred decision-making authority to the state
When have you known the federal government to be able to run anything well? Comedian Jon Lovitz made this point in a snarky Twitter comment on November 7th: “I can’t wait to go to a hospital run by the DMV!”
If any politician is interested in salvaging their integrity and truly looking out for the middle class in America, they will do whatever it takes to defund Obamacare policies, disrupt implementation (especially at the state level) and work on repealing it. They have to know we are still upset over this nightmare and we will not stop until it is gone.
Obamacare means a loss of freedom for all Americans and comes with a fiscal price tag well over the $1.15 trillion alone it will add to federal spending. It is almost criminal to ignore the many consequences of this disaster. Contact Congress today and help Conservative Daily continue the fight against Obamacare.