The motto of President Barack Hussein Obama’s reelection campaign is “Forward”; but if you have followed his presidency a more accurate motto might be “Backward”. The President continually creates bad ideas and then, after seeing the catastrophe that ensues after enactment, he tweaks them and makes them worse. It seems like every time we turn around President Obama has made yet another mistake; but instead of admitting error, he doubles down on his dictatorial ways and his hubris further compounds the problems he initially created. It is a governance plan that has the United States on the precipice of complete collapse both economically and democratically.
So what bad idea is Obama doubling down on now? Several weeks ago we brought you a story about the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) so-called “Fusion Centers”. These fusion centers were supposed to streamline anti-terrorist activities on the Federal and state level. They were supposed to put Federal and state officials in the same room in an effort to expand and integrate intelligence data to prevent terrorist attacks on US soil.
What did these fusion centers actually do? The Congressional report states “The … investigation could identify no reporting which uncovered a terrorist threat, nor could it identify a contribution such fusion center reporting made to disrupt an active terrorist plot”.
The investigation further found that “DHS’s support of fusion centers has yielded little, if any, benefit to federal counterterrorism intelligence efforts… The fusion centers often produced irrelevant, useless or inappropriate intelligence reporting to DHS, and many produced no intelligence reporting whatsoever,”
The report went on to say “Many fusion centers lacked either the capability or stated objective of contributing meaningfully to the federal counterterrorism mission…many centers didn’t consider counterterrorism an explicit part of their mission, and federal officials said some were simply not concerned with doing counterterrorism work.” So we have fusion centers charged with promoting counterterrorism and yet they aren’t concerned with counterterrorism? These fusion centers are complete and total abject failures. They have been a waste of taxpayer dollars and resources. But Obama can’t admit failure; his ego is far too large to can one of his pet programs in favor of something more efficacious. Nope, in typical liberal fashion Barry took a bad government program and expanded it.
That’s right, after witnessing the failure of the fusion centers, President Obama didn’t decide to scrap the plan and go back to the drawing board. Instead, Obama’s most recent Executive Order takes that bad idea, injects it with steroids and creates Security Partnership Councils; all without the approval of Congress!
These Security Partnership Councils are another expansion of Obama’s Federal police state. Don’t believe us? The following line comes directly out of the Executive Order: “the fine line between state sovereignty and the need protect the country from disaster and terror attacks is becoming smaller every day. Over the past few years Homeland Security grants to local law enforcement have led to a militarization of police and public safety, and new drone technology is being used in criminal investigations outside the scope of national security.”
The militarization of our police forces? The militarization of PUBLIC SAFETY officials? Drone use outside the scope of national security? These are clearly NOT the actions of a democratic state. But it gets worse. This is not the first time Obama has used Executive Orders to bypass Congress.
At Conservative-Daily, we have been keeping a close eye on Obama’s journey from President to de facto dictator. We have chronicled his use of Executive Orders and his lack of respect for the rule of law. Below is a non-exhaustive list meant to highlight some of the more profane acts against our democracy undertaken by our “President”.
Legislating Through Executive Orders
Since taking office, President Obama has used Executive Orders to facilitate the creation of his police state. He has done so silently and effectively. Below are his most frightening Executive Orders to date:
- National Defense Resources Preparedness Executive Order: This edict, signed by the President on March 16, 2012, gives Obama all the tools necessary to dissolve our Republic and create a Marxist dystopia! That’s right! This Executive Order would not only allow Obama to declare martial law during peacetime, but also gives him the “legal” authority to confiscate private property, nationalize the means of production, create forced worker camps, and even ration your family’s food and water!! At any given moment, Obama could institute martial law, dissolve Congress, and finalize our march toward Communism that he started on the day he took office!!
- Assignment of National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions Executive Order: This Executive order gives the President the power to take control of and administer ALL public and PRIVATE communications in the United States. According to government documents, Obama can nationalize all wired, wireless, satellite, broadcasting, and cable in the United States during a national emergency.
- Russian Highly Enriched Uranium Executive Order: This Executive Order put the United States into an immediate state of National Emergency. In conjunction with the National Security and Emergency Preparedness Communications Functions Executive Order, this gives Obama the ability to hijack our entire communication infrastructure in the United States. Public and PRIVATE!
Not only is Obama using Executive Orders to lay the groundwork for a police state, but he is also bypassing Congress at every opportunity in an effort to illegally change laws in the United States absent the constitutionally required bicameral process. Below are just a few examples of how the President has usurped Congressional authority:
- After Internet regulation legislation failed in Congress, the President used the FCC to illegally regulate the Internet. Even after a Federal court said it was unconstitutional.
- On July 12, 2012, President Obama issued a memorandum that illegally guts the work requirements found in the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) legislation passed in 1996. This action is in direct contravention of the legislation in question and demonstrates the tyrannical intent of our sitting President. This move will put more people on welfare and is an attempt by Obama to buy off the American people so he can win the next Presidential election.
Ignoring Duly Enacted Legislation
President Obama is also legislating by omission. That is, he is ignoring FEDERAL LAWS that he does not like and refuses to enforce them despite a constitutional requirement to do so. Below is a short, non-exhaustive list of his illegal actions:
- Though still illegal under applicable Federal law, Obama has announced he will stop enforcing marijuana laws in the United States.
- The Obama Administration has stopped enforcing the Defense of Marriage Act rather than allowing Congress to change the legislation.
- President Obama declared that he will no longer deport illegal aliens if they fulfill a certain criteria despite Federal laws that require their deportation effectively granting amnesty to 800,000 illegal aliens
If this list doesn’t scare the hell out of you, it should. Further, it is FAR from exhaustive and continues to grow each day with a new attempt to illegally grab power. Each action, taken as a single event, is troubling; taken together they paint a picture of a President who is ignoring constitutional checks and balances and is preparing to rule our country as a dictator through the use of martial law.
President Obama must be stopped. We can no longer allow him to bypass Congress at whim. With every Executive Order he puts more and more distance between his presidency and the Constitution. When he doesn’t get what he wants, he simply authorizes an Executive Order and in so doing he trashes the main component of our Constitution: the separation of powers. President Obama must be stopped. We need your voice faxing Congress; together we can bring back our democracy.